Thursday, August 04, 2005

Welcome to Magnificat's weblog.

Welcome to Magnificat's weblog. I intend to use this weblog to post information about Magnificat programs - notes about the music we will be performing and about the individual musicians who will be performing it. Often in the process of preparing programs I find myself making connections and discoveries that I would like to share with the audiences that will be hearing the music. Only so much can make its way into program notes and pre-concert lectures, so I hope this weblog will give Magnificat's supporters and anyone interested in the music and culture of the seventeenth century a way to enrich their experience of our concerts and Baroque music in general. I suspect that sooner or later other topics will make their way into the discussions here but my intention is to focus on music. My first project will be a running commentary on Magnificat's preparation for our first set of concerts, which will be on the weekend of September 30-October 2.

For information and tickets please visit Magnificat's website (see link on the right) or call 415-979-4500. Thanks for visiting the Magnificat weblog.Comments can be made on specific posts or can be directed to me at info@magnificatbaroque.org. Thanks Again!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Just wanted to let you know I enjoyed your stuff. Great job! Perfect! Wonderfull! Wow! Don't stop thinkin about tomorrow! We all need to start paying attention to this old stuff, wouldn't have hurt to do the same with the new stuff ya know. Leaves my head going like a spinning plate or something, you know what I mean? Cool pic too! Later. See Ya. Ciao baby.

Warren Stewart said...

Are you such a dreamer to put the world to right? I'll stay home forever where 2 and 2 always makes 5.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! A welcome addition to my frequent "wanderings at odd hours." (I attend the concerts, and am ever grateful to you, and the other musicians.) e

Warren Stewart said...

Thanks for the kind words. If you would like to receive notification when I post new articles on the Blog - like later today I hope - please drop me an email at info@magnificatbaroque.org - or just keep stopping by.